AWARENESS CAMPAIGN ON PRESERVATION OF MARINE LIFE
PRESERVATION OF MARINE LIFE AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
· 8 Million pieces of plastics enter our oceans everyday adding up to 5.25 trillion of plastics present in our oceans currently.
· 269,000 tons float, 4 billion microfibers per km² dwell below the surface.
· 100,000 marine mammals and turtles are killed by plastic pollution annually.
· Micro plastics take up to 400 years to fully degrade.
· Ocean plastics will outweigh all ocean fish by 2050.
Is it not high time for us to act... to save these marine creatures??
Our students, Abrar Ahamed and Kevin Biju Mathew of grade 10 brought in great laurel to the school with their first prize winning Science project, SUSTAINABLE STEPS, an innovative shoe designed to generate electricity with your footsteps at the NIMS EXPO 2017, held in the N. I. Model School, Dubai. The exhibit created by Shahbas Shihab and Rifaath Ameen of grade 10 received second prize for the demonstration of the working of the hyperloop. Aardra Shiju of grade 7 was recognised for her still model and was awarded second position.
The winners were awarded with trophies and certificates.